Andhra Pradesh(AP) Driving License is now available online to the citizens of AP and is easily accessible through the official website aptransport.org website. We will here let you know the procedure on how to apply Driving License, check the status, how to prepare for the learner’s license examination and further details.
The procedure to apply for the AP Driving License is very easy and it contains two parts.
1. First we need to apply for the Learner’s License (LLR) and after then tests.
2. Second is to apply for permanent License or Driving License (DL).
How to Apply for Learner’s License LLR?
- To Apply for LLR the citizen must have a valid Aadhar, so that everything will be linked to the Aadhar number only.
- There are various categories in which the citizen can apply based on his age. The minimum age to apply for Motor cycle without gear license is 16 years, with gear is 18 years.
- There is also some facility to apply if the applicant is below 16 years is with providing consent/declaration by parent or guardian and if the applicant is more than 50 years he should submit the medical certificate duly filled in Form 1A.
- The applicant who is attending first time to LLR must have to pay fee and has to undergo for the LLR test. The LLR test syllabus or any reference documents are available in the link here – https://aptransport.org/html/llr-question-bank.html
- After reading all the documents / information related to LLR – Apply for LLR Here
Procedure to Apply for AP Permanent License or Driving License DL.
- After getting the LLR, now the applicant is ready to apply for the Permanent License or Driving License now here by called DL.
- This DL can be applied online and should be undergo through some tests as well. T
- he tests for the DL and LLR are to be booked online itself and choose have to book a slot which is available to them.
- If any of the applicant has failed in that particular slot, they will have another chance to re-take the test and to be book through online only.
- The important instructions to apply for the DL are as follows.
- Applicant should have a valid Aadhar.
- Must have a valid LLR which should be expired.
- Must have booked a slot online.
- Should have paid the fee.
- Most important thing is to have helmet for two wheeler and should put seat belt for 4 wheeler.
- After that please enter LLR and Aadhar number to proceed for applying Driving License.
- The link to apply for fresh DL is below – Apply for Fresh DL
How to Know the Status of AP LLR and DL online.
The status of the DL or LLR can be seen online by providing the details as below.
1. Service Type: Please select the service type as Learner’s License or Driving License you want to check.
2. Application Number: Please enter your application number of LLR or DL. If you don’t know Application Number then you can select without application number and then you need to enter how you have registered using Pan card, Aadhar or issue office and mobile number.
3. Date of Birth: Pease enter your date of birth. Check the Status of AP LLR and DL here – Status of DL / LLR Here