How to Apply offline for Hindu Marriage Certificate in AP?
To register for the Marriage Certificate in Andhra Pradesh one should visit the Registrar office or sub-registrar office which is located in his/her location or at which the marriage is held or going to happen or Online at meeseva portal https://onlineap.meeseva.gov.in/.
The following conditions and the documents are mandatory to get the marriage certificate from the Registrar office.
- Bride (She) must have completed 18 years of age at the time of marriage.
- Bridegroom (He) must have completed 21 years of age at the time of marriage.
- Have to fill Form A and a duplicate form along with the Fee at the registrar office.
- A wedding invitation card and a photograph of the wedding ceremony with a couple pic or a group pic where the couple must be present in it.
- Address proof of where Bridegroom or Bride is staying and this registration can be done at registrar office at the place where bride is living or bridegroom is living.
- As a date of birth proof, we can submit the Tenth (10th or SSC or X) Class certificate or passport Xerox copies showing Date of Birth.
- Three witnesses to sign in the form and as well as in the register of registrar office.
You need to be very careful to check the name and surnames of the bride and groom as their names should be a replica as in the 10th Certificate or else it would be a problem in future while applying visa’s or other official documents. An advice from the official authorities are to mention the surname of the Bride as before marriage and after marriage as in Andhra Pradesh the surnames of the bride will get changed after marriage.
If there are any Mistakes noticed in the marriage certificate issued by the registrar, please bring them to their notice, so that they can rectify it at that time or else you need to undergo a separate procedure known as cumbersome procedure to get rectification of those mistakes.
All the above details are to obtain the marriage certificate whose marriage has already happened and now we will see the details required to apply for the marriage certificate before the marriage.
In this situation, the marriage can be registered at the place
- Where the marriage is going to happen or
- At the place where Wife or Husband is living for the last six months preceding the data of the marriage.
If you request registrar to attend the marriage and if time permits there is a chance of him to attend for the marriage and get it done there itself and this can be done once you have submitted all the documents without any mistakes and the fee paid before itself.
According to Hindu Marriage Act 1955, we are going to mention some conditions which should met to get the marriage certificate done.
- Neither bride or groom has a living spouse i.e., both the persons should not have a living partner before getting married. In case of living partner they should be divorced before getting married or applying for this marriage certificate.
- The couple has to be signed a consent that it is happening as per their acceptance itself.
- The parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two.
- The parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two.
How to Apply for Hindu Marriage Certificate Online?
Now after reading the above information which is a visit to the registrar office, apart from that we can apply online for Hindu Marriage certificate in Andhra Pradesh..
Please follow the below steps, on how to apply for a marriage certificate online?
- Visit the portal http://registration.ap.gov.in/
- Click on the link “Online Hindu Marriage Registration”.
- It will redirect to a new portal which is MeeSeva and will directly open a window where you can fill the details.
- Please fill all the details without missing any information.
- The documents which are required are wedding card or invitation card, Photograph of the couple, Address proof, Date of Birth Proof and all these documents should not exceed 3 MB.
Please click on the link t apply for the Hindu Marriage certificate online – Click here to fill online.
All the above information has been collected from the official website http://registration.ap.gov.in/ of Andhra Pradesh and we request to check the information before applying – Visit Official Website.